The Huawei P50 Pocket is the company’s latest foldable bag that is easier to carry in a bag in many ways and is available worldwide for change, unlike last year’s Mate X2 where the bag was sold outside of China. And the starting price of 1,300 euros should be decent. plus a different shape called compact.
The P50’s pocket can be folded from half phone to full phone like the Galaxy Z Flip family, giving the tablet-sized Mate X2 a deeper pocket. (And for those entering the Chinese market), a folded bag is smaller than a pack of cigarettes. But it opens up and has a large 6.9-inch OLED screen, so it’s almost bigger than a flip. It’s also slightly heavier. but has a bigger battery
The Pocket Snapdragon, part of the high-end P50 family, handles this with 888 chips, using only 5G capacity, due to the US-China dispute that has dragged Huawei’s smartphone business over three years with a base configuration of 256GB. and 8GB of RAM (512GB/12GB optional), the Pocket looks great. Oh, it has an external memory slot. Whatever the NanoMemory is, that’s the turning point for the Flip.
When it comes to flip comparisons, Galaxy doesn’t have a UV light on the back and an umbrella mode for the camera, right? This is one of the Pocket’s key features, with a dedicated 32MP module on the back. There are also a couple of standard cameras – a 40MP main camera and a 13MP ultra wide-angle camera, as the monochrome and periscope cameras are reserved for the P50 Pro.
Huawei P50 Pocket specs at a glance:
- Body: 170.0×75.5×7.2mm, 190g; glass back, aluminum frame.
- Display: 6.90″ Foldable OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, 1188x2790px resolution, 21(-ish):9 aspect ratio, 442ppi; Cover display: OLED, 1.04 inch, 340 x 340 pixels, 328 ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 4G (5 nm): Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680); Adreno 660.
- Memory: 256GB 8GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM; NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS/Software: HarmonyOS 2.0 (China), EMUI 12 (Europe), no Google Play Services.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 40 MP, f/1.8, PDAF, Laser AF; Ultra wide angle: 13 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, AF; UV: 32 MP, f/1.8, 1/3.14″, 0.7µm, AF.
- Front camera: 10.7 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide).
- Video capture: Rear camera: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/120/240fps, gyro-EIS; Front camera: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps.
- Battery: 4000mAh; Fast charging 40W, Reverse charging 5W.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); NFC; UV illuminator.
The Huawei P50 Pocket doesn’t have an IP rating. While Samsung has managed to achieve the IPX8 label on the Z Flip3, Huawei doesn’t offer wireless charging. But it promises faster cable charging, even with a larger battery.
Huawei phones tend to lack Google Play features, and hence the Pocket has to be attractive enough in other areas.
Huawei P50 Pocket unboxing
The contents of the box helped a little – the device is more than a wired Galaxy. We have the Huawei SuperCharge 40W adapter and USB-A-C cable – this exclusive charging solution still uses USB-A.
The phone also comes with two protective cases with adhesive strips on the sides. The metal frame mimics the phone’s frame. while the transparent back panel lets you show off the textured glass back.
Our Huawei P50 Pocket review unit is white in color and comes in a standard white cardboard box. This is different from the premium version which has a gold patterned box. lower profile and larger area The serrated gold plate on the Premium version is great, though. And we were a little disappointed to get the clean version. But we’ve been excited for the past few days.
Design Huawei P50 Pocket
You might have seen the Huawei P50 Pocket in the Hero Premium Edition with a gold-plated glass panel on the network. it’s not a door But after the first slight disappointment We learned the less flashy look of our white unit.
Keep in mind that even in this rather limited set of bags, The bag still looks normal. Saying this about foldable phones is almost trite. But even foldable phones are hard to miss.
Huawei P50 Pocket has made sure that the bag breaks through two circular islands at the top and panel surfaces. However, if you want your foldable phone to stand out less, If available in the market, the black version may have a flat lid that closes that can still be folded in half from the inside.
Back to the white review unit. We must emphasize that we are huge fans of both colors and patterns that are so sharp that they are almost invisible to our fingertips. but the eyes can’t take their eyes off One can argue how sticky it is, and the answer may vary from person to person. But presumably, it looks safer than a matte foundation and looks a lot like a glossy coaster.
We also find that we can’t agree on whether the footer is good and premium or cheap and unwholesome. What is the edit that wrote these words worth in the original camp?