The Xiaomi 12 series has been available in China since last December and has been launched outside of China. The Global High-End 12 Pro has kept us in our company for quite some time and is here in all its glory.
Xiaomi takes its portfolio rankings seriously, while the 12 Pro comes with a 50MP tripod camera (the new main camera but it doesn’t offer the biggest and best image processing. But it’s clearly not Ultra.
As usual, the latest high-end Snapdragon is in the foreground and the Samsung LTPO OLED display is also very good. The charging station should be at the forefront with 120W support, which is a very nice sight given the relatively modest battery capacity of top-tier hardware.
Below you’ll find a great selection of rooms and features. Don’t miss the infrared emitter that Xiaomi will continue to install on its devices in 2022, which will delight owners of outdated devices.
Xiaomi 12 Pro specs at a glance:
- Body: 163.6×74.6×8.2mm, 204g; glass back, aluminum frame.
- Display: 6.73″ LTPO AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 1000 nits (HBM), 1500 nits (peak), 1440x3200px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 521ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4 nm): Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510); Adreno 730.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 12, MIUI 13.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 50 MP, f/1.9, 24mm, 1/1.28″, 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 50 MP, f/2.2, 115˚; Telephoto: 50 MP, f/1.9, 48mm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom.
- Front camera: 32 MP, 26mm (wide), 0.7µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240/960fps, gyro-EIS; Front camera: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]
- Battery: 4600mAh; Fast charging 120W, 100% in 18 min (advertised), Fast wireless charging 50W, 100% in 42 min (advertised), Reverse wireless charging 10W, Power Delivery 3.0, Quick Charge 4+.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); NFC; Infrared port, Virtual proximity sensing.
Xiaomi 12 Pro unboxing
The high-end Xiaomi Pro and Ultra models receive a special packaging and come in a black box. different from the small white version
Inside the thick cardboard box there is a case with a clear silicone case inside. Not a premium protection option But it is an undeniable free case. It’s still hard to complain about the included 120W adapter, but we have good points to complain about. So we can’t say it’s too heavy and bulky to leave the house. A USB-A-C cable is included, and you’ll need your own peripherals to charge as quickly as possible.
Design, build quality, handling
Designing a standout for a smartphone in 2022 is no small feat, and we’re told Xiaomi does the same with the 12 series. The curved screen and back are not unique but create a family bond and The overall style of the camera island makes the family feel like something else.
The main camera is positioned higher. This is the largest sensor/lens combination. This is especially impressive with the 12 Pro, which has a 1/1.28-inch image processor and fast f/1.9 lens. Emphasize it more. Not Ultra, but no one noticed.
Below it is an ultra-wide-angle and smaller telephoto lens on one side to make room for the flash, and a 50MP headset on the other. Note that in this case 50 for all three modules. A very thin line divides the island into parts. It makes it look elegant and clear. After all, this is the same group of cameras as all the others. Only this group is a well thought out cluster.
Now we can have multiple lines of text in the bottom right corner of the back. Our favorite benchmark, the polka dot bin, is exceptionally large and stands out at 12%. On the other hand, the Xiaomi logo is more restrictive and comes with a “5G” badge to communicate support for connectivity. next generation phone
The back is glass. We do know from Corning that the back of the Xiaomi 12 Vanilla is made of Gorilla Glass 5, but we don’t have that info for the 12 Pro. However, it makes sense if at least it’s good.
The back has a matte finish that looks very attractive in sunlight. But it’s not very noticeable. In practice, this panel is very smooth. especially if you have dry skin. On the other hand, does not collect fingerprints.
The rear panel folds into an aluminum frame that adapts to the shape of the front display. This results in very thin side lines. Previously, you could expect it to be difficult to lift the 12 Pro off the desktop. Since the phone has little grip, however, there is a positive side to this. due to the curvature of the already thin phone.
On the sides of the 12 Pro, besides the power button and volume rocker at the top are slightly more noticeable, moreover, just like on the right side. The buttons are well positioned and pressed positively, no flaws.
The frame is thicker at the corners and at the top and bottom. It helps to protect the metal floor in the event of an accident. Two sets of identical connectors create waves. with one at the end and the other at the top and the Harman/Kardon logo. Specifies that these channels are speaker pair outputs. There are microphones on both sides of the phone.
At the very top is one of Xiaomi’s most important features, an infrared emitter that makes it easier for you to control devices such as TVs or air conditioners.
At the bottom are a USB-C port and card slot, one or two nano SIM cards, but microSD is generally not supported, with the exception of Sony and Huawei. K Zenfone is also on this list)